Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Psalm 119:113

“I hate those who are double-minded, But I love Your law” (Psalm 119:113).

We have already dealt with the concept of believers claiming to “love” the law (here and here), but apparently, this idea pops up again in this verse. Hopefully, this is the last time we have to go over this.

Federal Visionists insist that we ought to be able to echo David’s statement, “I love Your law.” However, this completely disregards the progress of revelation.

Evidently, it was tolerable for a primitive such as David to say, “I love Your law.” God overlooks such times of ignorance. However, because we have access to Paul and Luther and the White Horse Inn, we are without excuse.

Thus, believers would be wise to say, “I hate those who are double-minded, just as I hate your law.” This is how the modern Reformed speak.